I found this recipe while searching on-line at Vegetarian Times.
It was very simple to make and everyone really enjoyed it.
Technically, I shouldn’t eat this while doing the cleanse because it contains eggs, ricotta cheese and milk, which are all animal products, but it was really yummy and overall I don’t plan on taking those items out of my daily diet forever.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 oz. button mushrooms, sliced (4 cups)
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat 9-inch quiche dish or pie pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Transfer mushroom mixture to prepared dish.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs to blend, then stir in ricotta and milk. Add to mushroom mixture in dish along with broccoli, tomatoes and basil. Mix well.
- Bake until filling is set, 50 to 55 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Cut into quarters and serve warm.
Makes 4 servings. Approx. 180 calories, 9g fat, 16g carbs, 5g fiber