All too often, people get caught up and overwhelmed by how far they have to go to reach their fitness goals. I fell victim to this mind set many times over the years and it is very frustrating. One of the most important changes I made this time around was to NOT focus on the ultimate goal. Instead, I set mini goals that would help me to achieve that ultimate one over a period of time, and I ONLY focused on each one of those.
By breaking my goals down into mini ones, I was able to keep a positive tone to my fitness/weight loss journey. I began to build a confidence in myself by reaching each of my mini goals and before I knew it, I was reaching larger goals without even realizing it.
Even now that I have reached my ultimate goal, I still set mini ones for myself in order to maintain the progress I have made. Here are some of mine for this week:
- 1. Drink plenty of water – This might seem like a no brainer but it’s easy to forget or not intake the proper amount.
- 2. Lift weights three days – Again, something I should be used to, but with the hustle and bustle of life, it’s easy to skip or say I’ll do it tomorrow.
- 3. Eat clean – Hands down one of the toughest, especially during the hectic week I have before me.
- 4. Do the fitness trail – One of my favorite forms of exercise but also one of the easiest to keep putting off.
- 5. Yoga or Stretch – This is one I have never been a fan of. I have always been the first to admit I skipped YogaX many times while doing P90X. I know it’s important though and I have plenty of room for improvement here. Plus it helps to clear the mind and honestly, who can’t benefit from that?!
As you can see, they are all things that you would expect I do on a normal basis, but it’s easy to put all of these things off for another day. I need to stay focused on the simple things and with that, new results will come and old one will be maintained.
Your goals for the week don’t need to be extreme…even the simple ones can get you a step closer to the results you want.
What are some of your goals for the week? What would you like to achieve? Want to keep each other accountable?