One of the things I like about the 21-Day Fix plan, is that you can trade out one of your yellow contains for a “treat”. I mean, who doesn’t deserve a treat from time to time, right?!
In the nutrition guide, there is a recipe for some yummy looking Banana Oatmeal Cookies. The recipe called for golden raisins and walnuts (which I’m not a fan of) so I swapped out some mini Enjoy Life chips and unsweetened shredded coconut instead!
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 medium ripe Bananas, mashed
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life since I have dairy issues)
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Combine oats, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl, making sure to mix well.
4. Add mashed bananas, chips and coconut, mix well.
5. Drop by heaping Tbsp onto your baking tray. (I used the large Pampered Chef Scoop)
6. Flatten the cookies with wet fingers (so they don’t stick) or a silicon spatula.
7. Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until they are firm.
8. Cool and Enjoy!
The results were some seriously yummy cookies that I can eat for breakfast with my coffee, or have as a dessert on days when my sweet tooth kicks in.
What’s your favorite 21-Day Fix treat?