- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup cornflakes, crushed finely
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces*
* I’m a huge fan of dark meat, so I use boneless skinless chicken thighs. 2 thighs per serving.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, Cajun seasoning, pepper and cayenne pepper together in a medium size bowl. Place buttermilk and corn flake crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.
- Roll chicken in flour mixture and evenly coat each side. Next dip chicken into buttermilk and then corn flake crumbs.
- Place coated chicken on your prepared baking sheet. Spray chicken with a light coating of the cooking spray.
- Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 25 to 30 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking).
Makes 4 servings.
For those of you using the 21 Day Fix this is roughly 1 yellow and 1 red.
Once you have your first round of the program under your belt, try not to stress out over your containers. Life should be about balance and making healthier choices to keep yourself headed toward your goals and this recipe does that…even if you don’t have exact container counts.
Anytime you skip the KFC drive-thru, search for a healthier recipe and go to the store to buy the ingredients to make it, you’re on the right track!
What would be your side dish of choice with this chicken? We opted for some zoodles quickly sauteed with garlic.